RELIGIOUS TRANSITION COUNSELING
Doubt Your Beliefs?
Have Anxiety About Leaving Your Faith?
You Are Not Alone!
If you are one of those going through a faith transition, you may be feeling self-doubt, blame, pain, fear, anger, guilt, and depression. Make no mistake, leaving a cherished faith is like ending a marriage or relationship and can cause significant psychological, spiritual, physical, and financial trauma. But, while there is an abundance of help for divorced people, very little specialized assistance and guidance are available to people who leave their religious relationships.
There is help in northern New Mexico. Dr. John Brady has experienced the same challenging religious transition that you are going through. When you are ready, John will help you begin your journey out of a repressive faith and restore your sense of well-being and peace of mind.
MEET Dr. JOHN A. BRADY
HOW DO THESE ORGANIZATIONS SUCCEED?
SYMPTOMS OF RELIGIOUS TRAUMA SYNDROME
- Anger after being officially shunned, excommunicated, or ostracized
- Confusing thoughts and reduced ability to think critically
- Grief from the loss of former religious friends and community
- Negative beliefs about self, others, and the world
- Trouble making decisions
- Depression, anxiety, grief, anger, lethargy
- Loss of a community (family, friends, family relationships)
- Feeling lost, abandoned, directionless, and isolated, or a sense that you don't belong
- Lack of pleasure or interest in things you used to enjoy
- Many other symptoms including nightmares, flashbacks, dissociation, emotional difficulty, etc.
THE BOTTOM LINE ~ Wherever you find repressive, manipulating, and dogmatic cult-like organizations, you'll find damaged lives in their wake.
MAKING A SUCCESSFUL, HEALTHY TRANSITION IS POSSIBLE
If you are struggling with Religious Trauma Syndrome, you are not alone. Many people are grappling with the same feelings you are, and there is hope for healing. Making the transition out of a faith crisis is no easy task, and counseling may be a positive, productive way to work through the shock, anger, and depression and get your life back on track.
If you or someone you know is having a religious trauma crisis and need help, call Dr. Brady. There is no fee for initial counseling sessions. Appointments for acute cases are available in person (with Covid-19 protocols), or regular sessions are available via teleconference on Skype or Zoom.
Call 505.428.0862 for a free consultation.